Wyoming Teacher Colleges and Degrees Online Guide
Wyoming requires all aspiring teachers complete a teacher preparation program from an accredited school in order to work in the state’s school system. The guide found below is a useful tool for finding teaching schools in Wyoming. In order to find the best option for your individual career goals, this page contains a list of accredited teacher preparation programs as well as student reviews. Whether you are looking to start a new career as a teacher or fresh out of college, use this guide to help you find the best teaching program for your individual needs.
- There are 8 colleges and universities with teacher degree programs in Wyoming.1
- One university offers a master’s or advanced degree in education.1
- Highest graduation rate*: University of Wyoming, 54%.1
- Highest net price per year*: University of Wyoming $11,203.1
- Annual undergraduate tuition for teaching degree programs in Wyoming*: $13,428.2
- One school ranked in US News National Universities Rankings in 2013 (top 200): University of Wyoming (156).
- One school ranked in Forbes Top Colleges List (top 500): University of Wyoming (298).
- One teacher programs are accredited by the NCATE, TEAC, or CAEP (see below).*
*For 4-year colleges and universities with teacher degree programs.
Profiles of Well-Known Schools
Laramie County Community College: Laramie County Community College is the largest two-year community college in the state and serves thousands of students seeking to enter the workforce or transfer onto four-year institutions. Students interested in an education major can complete most of the general education requirements at Laramie CC then transfer to a baccalaureate institution to finish their bachelor’s degree. Laramie CC offers excellent academic preparation and intensive services to students. The college works closely with four-year institutions in the state, and has several articulation agreements with four-year schools making the transfer process simple and easy for eager education majors. The school has agreements with in-state institutions such as University of Wyoming among others.
Top-Rated Teacher Preparation Programs
Over 1,000 college programs that offer teacher preparation were evaluated and rated by The National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) (Teacher Prep Review 2013 Report). No programs in Wyoming met the requirements of the NCTQ’s “honor roll” list of 3 stars or higher. Read more about the NCTQ Teacher Prep Review 2013 Report.
The following teacher preparation programs in Wyoming received the highest ratings by the National Council on Teacher Quality:
University of Wyoming (Undergraduate Elementary)
Teacher Preparation Programs Accredited by the NCATE, TEAC, or CAEP
- The University of Wyoming
Read more about the CAEP, NCATE, and TEAC accrediting bodies.
School Programs for Becoming a Teacher in Wyoming
Request free information from the following schools to learn more about your options for choosing a teacher degree program. We recommend you: Request information from one or more of these schools
Schools with Teaching Degree Programs in Wyoming
125 College Dr
Casper, WY 82601-4699
Central Wyoming College
2660 Peck Avenue
Riverton, WY 82501
Eastern Wyoming College
3200 West C St
Torrington, WY 82240-1699
231 W 6th St
Powell, WY 82435
3059 S Coffeen Ave
Sheridan, WY 82801
University of Wyoming
Corner of Ninth and Ivinson
Laramie, WY 82071
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/?degree=4-year&sort=best