New Hampshire Teacher Colleges and Degrees Online Guide
This guide to teaching schools in New Hampshire provides aspiring teachers with valuable information on choosing the right teacher preparation program. Fortunately, there are many colleges and universities that offer teaching degrees in New Hampshire. These programs are designed to prepare future teachers for a long career in the education sector. For useful information on the various school options in the state, take a look at our list of accredited teacher preparation programs and student reviews found below. Whether you are a new graduate or looking to change your current career, this guide can assist you in finding the right program for your career needs.
- There are 21 colleges and universities with teacher degree programs in New Hampshire.1
- 10 colleges and universities offer a master’s or advanced degree in education.1
- Highest graduation rate*: University of New Hampshire-Main Campus, 77%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate*: Colby-Sawyer College, 37%.1
- Highest net price per year*: New England College, $27,967.1
- Lowest net price per year*: Granite State College, $11,995.1
- Annual undergraduate tuition range for teaching degree programs in New Hampshire*: $7,305-$35,810.2
- One school ranked in US News National Universities Rankings in 2013 (top 100): Dartmouth University (10).
- Two schools ranked in Forbes Top Colleges List (top 500): Saint Anselm College (160), University of New Hampshire-Main Campus (309).
- Three teacher programs are accredited by the NCATE, TEAC, or CAEP (see below).*
*For 4-year colleges and universities with teacher degree programs.
Profiles of Well-Known Schools
Dartmouth College: Located in Hanover, New Hampshire, Dartmouth College is one of the most prestigious colleges in the United States and is part of the Ivy League of schools along with institutions like Harvard, Yale and Columbia. The Education Department offers undergraduates the opportunity to obtain a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education as well as earn their teaching certification. Students can also get a minor in Education and/or human development. Students choose to obtain certification at the elementary or secondary levels. Students majoring in secondary education must major in their specific area of teaching such as history, math, science, etc. The program blends together teaching best practices along with a multidisciplinary approach to make sure the students receive a well-rounded education. The vast majority of Dartmouth Education majors go on to earn advanced degrees in educationally related degrees.
Top-Rated Teacher Preparation Programs
The National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) evaluated and rated over 1,000 college-level teacher preparation programs throughout the US (Teacher Prep Review 2013 Report). No programs in New Hampshire made the “honor roll” of 3 stars or higher. Read more about the NCTQ Teacher Prep Review 2013 Report.
The following teacher preparation programs in New Hampshire received the highest ratings by the National Council on Teacher Quality:
Keene State College (Undergraduate Secondary)
Plymouth State University (Graduate Secondary)
Keene State College (Undergraduate Special Education)
University of New Hampshire (Graduate Secondary)
The following reviewed schools were cited as problematic (no stars):
Plymouth State University (Undergraduate Elementary)
Teacher Preparation Programs Accredited by the NCATE, TEAC, or CAEP
- Keene State College
- Plymouth State University
- University of New Hampshire
Read more about the CAEP, NCATE, and TEAC accrediting bodies.
School Programs for Becoming a Teacher in New Hampshire
Request free information from the following schools to learn more about your options for choosing a teacher degree program. We recommend you: Request information from one or more of these schools
Schools with Teaching Degree Programs in New Hampshire
541 Main St
New London, NH 03257-7835
Keene State College
229 Main Street
Keene, NH 03435-1506
Plymouth State University
17 High Street
Plymouth, NH 03264-1595
420 South Main St
Nashua, NH 3060
Southern New Hampshire University
2500 N River Rd
Manchester, NH 3106
University of New Hampshire-Main Campus
105 Main St.
Durham, NH 03824-3547
White Mountains Community College
2020 Riverside Road
Berlin, NH 3570
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/?degree=4-year&sort=best