Idaho Teacher Colleges and Degrees Online Guide
This guide is written for aspiring teachers looking to obtain a teaching degree in Idaho. There are many colleges and universities in the state that offer teacher preparation programs that prepare students for a career in education. Scroll down to find a list of accredited teacher preparation programs as well as student reviews. For those interested in finding a qualified teaching school in Idaho, this guide should help you locate a program that best suits your individual career objectives.
- There are 12 colleges and universities with teacher degree programs in Idaho.1
- Six colleges and universities offer a master’s or advanced degree in education.1
- Highest graduation rate*: The College of Idaho, 64%.1
- Highest transfer-out rate*: University of Idaho, 29%.1
- Highest net price per year*: The College of Idaho, $18,187.1
- Lowest net price per year*: Brigham Young University-Idaho, $10,240.1
- Annual undergraduate tuition range for teaching degree programs in Idaho*: $3,770-$25,190.2
- One school ranked in US News National Universities Rankings in 2013 (top 200): University of Idaho (165).
- Three schools ranked in Forbes Top Colleges List (top 500): The College of Idaho (222), Brigham Young University-Idaho (358), University of Idaho (396)-
- Five teacher programs are accredited by the NCATE, TEAC, or CAEP (see below).*
*For 4-year colleges and universities with teacher degree programs.
Profiles of Well-Known Schools
Boise State University: Boise State University is home to College of Education that consists of the departments of Bilingual Education, Counselor Education, Curriculum, Instructional and Foundational Studies, Educational Technology, Kinesiology, Literacy, and Special Education and Early Childhood Studies. The College of Education at Boise State is highly regarded as one of the finest in the Pacific Northwest. It is home to over 2,300 students with the majority being enrolled in one of the 25 undergraduate degree programs. The graduate and doctoral programs consist of approximately 600 students total enrolled in 14 programs. Boise State education majors are known for their passion for students and ability to draw potential out of students at any age. The school features above average passing test scores and grades among their undergraduate and graduate populations.
Lewis-Clark State College: Lewis-Clark State College, located in Lewiston, Idaho, has been educating teachers for over a century and provides several options for acquiring teaching endorsements and certificates. The main programs include the Elementary Education Certification Program and the Secondary Teacher Education Program which prepare new teachers with a combination of coursework and teaching experience in the classroom. There is also a Kinesiology Program that prepares individuals to teach K-12 physical education and 6-12 health. All teacher education programs are fully accredited by the NCATE.
Top-Rated Teacher Preparation Programs
The National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) evaluated 1,100 college programs around the nation that offer teacher preparation programs for aspiring teachers (Teacher Prep Review 2013 Report). According to the organization’s rigorous standards, Idaho has one program that made the “honor roll” of 3 stars or higher. For more information on the evaluation process, read more about the NCTQ Teacher Prep Review 2013 Report.
The following teacher preparation programs in Idaho received the highest ratings by the National Council on Teacher Quality:
Boise State University (Undergraduate Secondary)
Brigham Young University – Idaho (Undergraduate Elementary)
Brigham Young University – Idaho (Undergraduate Secondary)
Teacher Preparation Programs Accredited by the NCATE, TEAC, or CAEP
- Boise State University
- Idaho State University
- Lewis-Clark State College
- Northwest Nazarene University
- University of Idaho
Read more about the CAEP, NCATE, and TEAC accrediting bodies.
School Programs for Becoming a Teacher in Idaho
Request free information from the following schools to learn more about your options for choosing a teacher degree program. We recommend you: Request information from one or more of these schools
Schools with Teaching Degree Programs in Idaho
Boise State University
1910 University Dr
Boise, ID 83725
Brigham Young University-Idaho
525 S Center
Rexburg, ID 83460
College of Southern Idaho
315 Falls Ave.
Twin Falls, ID 83301-1238
Idaho State University
921 S 7th Ave
Pocatello, ID 83209
Lewis-Clark State College
500 8th Ave
Lewiston, ID 83501-2698
Northwest Nazarene University
623 Holly St
Nampa, ID 83686-5897
The College of Idaho
2112 Cleveland Blvd
Caldwell, ID 83605-4432
The School of Hairstyling
141 East Chubbuck Road
Chubbuck, ID 83202
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive
Moscow, ID 83844-2282
1. National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator: https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
2. Niche College Search: https://www.niche.com/colleges/?degree=4-year&sort=best